The perfect side dish for any meal. Simple but packed with so much flavour everybody will ask for more!
- 1 lb. small creamer potatoes or large potatoes cut in cubes, uncooked
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
For the green salsa:
- 1 lb. green tomatoes (tomatillo)
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1 jalapeño or serrano pepper (optional)
- 2 tbsp. fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 tbsp. of vegetable or chicken broth mix
- salt and pepper to taste
Blend the green tomatoes with 1 small onion, 1 clove of garlic, jalapeño or serrano pepper and cilantro leaves until you get a puree-like consistency.
In a large pot or wok fry 1 small onion and 1 clove of garlic (both finely chopped) until they get caramelized. Add the potatoes and the green tomatoes salsa. Cover with lid and let simmer.
When the salsa changes to a dark green colour and the potatoes are tender, add chicken or vegetable broth mix, salt and pepper to taste. Uncover and let the salsa dry. Use as a side dish to complement your chicken, beef, pork or vegan meal, this potatoes go with everything!