This sweet carrot cake is rich in fiber thanks to the oats, carrots and nuts. Forget about the frosting and have this cake for breakfast with a warm cup of coffee or tea, have it instead of your traditional pancakes.
- 4 grated carrots
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of oats
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tbsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tbsp. ground ginger
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup of canned pineapple in chunks (drained)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 250 grs. melted butter (you can substitute butter for 1/2 cup of vegetable oil or coconut oil)
- 1 cup of milk (you can use oats, macadamia or soy milk instead)
- Optional ingredients: walnuts, raisins
Preheat your oven at 350°F (177°C)
In a large bowl mix the dry ingredients: carrots, flour, oats, salt, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, pecans and pineapple. Separately mix the wet ingredients: eggs, vanilla extract, butter and milk. Incorporate dry and wet ingredients.
Pour into a pan coated with butter ; bake at 350°F (177°C) for 90 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.