Ingredients (makes 4 servings):
- Olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves sliced
- 16 oz fresh baby spinach (washed and drained)
- 2 large tomatillos (washed)
- 1 jalapeño (washed)
- 1 bunch of cilantro (washed and drained)
- Salt and pepper
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions (preferably add 3 tbsp. of salt to the water). Reserve a cup of the pasta water before draining.
- Drain, and set aside (add 1 tbsp. of olive oil and toss it to avoid pasta stick together).
- In a large pan fry at medium heat the onion and the garlic cloves with 2 tbsp. of olive oil. Cook until browned and tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add clean spinach leaves to the pan with the onions and garlic and cook until leaves wilt.
- In another pan sear the tomatillos and the jalapeño (remove seeds and veins to reduce spiciness, if you want a mild sauce don’t add any peppers). Cook tomatillos until slightly browned, avoid burning them which will cause them to turn bitter.
- Put all fried veggies on the blender, wash and dry the bunch of cilantro and add the cup of pasta cooking water.
- Add 1/4 cup of olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Puree until it forms a sauce (adding more pasta water if needed).
- Add the sauce back into the pan to combine and heat through, again adding more pasta water if needed.
- Add drained pasta and toss gently.
- flavorRectify seasoning with salt and pepper, also you can add 1 tsp. of chicken broth powder to add more flavor.
- Serve warm with extra grated Parmesan cheese and/or decorate with cream cheese pearls.