Every Mexican family has it’s own recipe for a great guacamole. Today we are sharing our family’s recipe with you and we are sure it will become your favourite!
- 2 large ripe avocados, smashed (separate but keep the pits)
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 small tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 or 2 serrano or jalapeño peppers, remove veins and seeds, finely chopped (optional)
- The juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp. of fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a large bowl picle the onion by mixing it with the lime juice, leave for about 20 minutes or until the onion changes its colour. Mix with the rest of the ingredients: avocados, tomatoes, serrano or jalapeño peppers, cilantro, olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.
If you prefer a “hummus” like texture use a hand blender.
Add the pits to your guacamole so the avocado doesn’t turn brown.
Serve with nachos, on top of tacos or tostadas.