A quick recipe with just a few ingredients. You will enjoy a complete meal in no time!
- 1 lb. small shrimps
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 small canned chipotle pepper in adobo, finely chopped (Careful! chipotle peppers in adobo are very hot, if you prefer a mild flavour, add a pinch of dried crushed chili flakes instead) Canned chipotle peppers in adobo can be found in the Latin products aisle on many North American supermarkets or specialty stores.
- 2 tbsp. cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp. olive oil or butter
- salt and pepper to taste
In a skillet at medium heat, fry the onion and garlic; cook until the onion is caramelized. Add the shrimps and fully cook for approximately 10 to 15 minutes. Add the chipotle chile, salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 5 more minute at medium heat.
Enjoy with a rice serving and baked potatoes.