Add a mexican twist to your traditional hummus. Enjoy with nachos, crudités or spread in your sandwich as substitute for mayonaise.
- 2 cups of cooked chickpeas
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
- 4 tbsp. tahini paste
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 dry guajillo peppers (remove seeds and veins for a mild flavour)
- 2 limes, the juice
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 tsp. of cumin (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
In a small bowl put the guajillo peppers and cover with water; soak for 20 minutes or until the peppers are tender.
In a small skillet fry the onion, garlic cloves and guajillo peppers; reserve.
In a food processor blend the chickpeas, onion, garlic, peppers and tahini paste with olive oil, lime, vinegar, salt, pepper and cumin.