Winter time calls for a warm soup like this one. A delicious option for lunch or dinner made out of a few ingredients.
- 2 large red bell peppers, cut in chunks
- 4 large carrots cut in chunks
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp. of butter (can use vegan butter)
- 2 cups of milk (can use almond, soy or macadamia milk)
- 1 tbsp. vegetable or chicken broth mix in powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a baking pan toss the red peppers, small onion, garlic and spray ingredients with some olive oil. Roast at 350F for 1 hour or until vegetables are charred.
At the same time cook the carrots in a large pot until tender.
When all vegetables are ready let them cool down a bit before blending with the milk to obtain a puree consistency.
Be careful! When putting hot ingredients in the blender; remove the lid insert or removable center cap and cover the open cap hole with a clean dish towel or cloth instead. This will allow the release of steam without making any mess.
In a large pot melt butter and add the vegetables mixture. Let cook for approximately 10 minutes at low temperature, stir frequently to release pockets of hot air.
Season with vegetable or chicken broth mix, salt and pepper.
Enjoy with baked soup crackers!