When there is no time for a fancy dinner this easy to make tuna salad is the perfect choice.
Ingredients (makes two servings):
- 2 cans of tuna in water, drained
- 1/4 small white or red onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup of fresh vegetables macedonia (cooked carrots, peas, green beans & corn kernels); can use canned vegetables, drained
- 1/4 cup cooked potatoes, diced
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 2 tbsp. pickled jalapeños, minced (optional)
- 4 tbsp. mayonaise
- 2 tbsp. sour cream
- 2 tbsp. cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 lime, the juice
- pinch of salt
In a bowl pickle the onion with the lemon juice. Wait 15 minutes before adding the rest of the ingredients. Mix and season with salt. Makes 2 large servings.
Enjoy with soda or salted crackers or with tortilla chips.