The best way to start your morning is with this mexican-style scrambled eggs with a side of refried beans and nachos.
Ingredients (makes 2 servings):
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp. milk ( can use almond or soy milk)
- 1/4 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 small tomato, diced
- 1/4 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 small jalapeño, finely chopped (remove seeds and veins)
- 2 tbsp. fresh cilantro (coriander) leaves, finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
In a small bowl whisk the eggs with some milk, salt and pepper.
In a non-stick skillet over mediu heat, fry the onion, red bell pepper, tomato and jalapeño pepper. When the onion caramelizes, add the eggs and cilantro. Cover with lid so the eggs get fluffy. Stir every 2 minutes until fully cooked.