A turkey burger might be considered fast food but at home you can make a healthier and flavourful version using lean ground turkey, vegetables, cheese and your favourite toppings.
For the patties
- 1 lb. lean ground turkey
- 1 bunch of green onions or 1 small white onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 2 tbsp. fresh or dry basil
- 2 tbsp. italian spices mix
For the burgers
- Hamburger buns
- Tomato, sliced
- Caramelized onions
- Lettuce leaves in halves
- Dill pickles
- Cheddar or mozzarella cheese, sliced
- Mustard, ketchup, mayonnaise, relish
In a medium size bowl mix the lean ground turkey, breadcrumbs, onion, eggs, basil, paprika, italian spices mix, salt and pepper. Form the patties by hand or use a silicon pattie maker.
Fry the patties with some olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat or put them in the grill for a smokey flavour.
Assemble the hamburgers with some tomato slices, dill pickles, lettuce, cheese and your favourite toppings.