This quick, easy to make pasta with shrimps and bell peppers is an excellent choice for any busy weekday. Pair it with a glass of your favourite chilled red or white wine and turn your dinner into a fancy feast.
Ingredients (makes 4 servings):
- 1 package (450 grs.) of spaghetti or spaghettoni pasta
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 small size bell peppers (combine red, green, orange or yellow for colour)
- 500 grs. small size shrimps, fully cooked
- Dried chili pepper flakes (optional)
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Parmesan cheese, shredded
In a large pot bring water with salt to boil; when the water starts boiling add the pasta. Cook “al dente”. Drain the water but reserve 1/4 cup of water with the starch.
In a large skillet or wok fry the garlic, onion an bell peppers with 4 tbsp. of olive oil.
When the pasta is cooked transfer it to the wok with the vegetables; add shrimps then salt and When the pasta is cooked transfer it to the wok with the vegetables. Add shrimps and starch water. Salt and pepper to taste, season with dried chili pepper flakes (optional).
Garnish with parmesan cheese and enjoy!