This ceviche made with fully-cooked fish and mango has the perfect amount of sweet and tart taste that you will love. Enjoy with some nachos, tostadas or soda crackers; as an appetizer, main or side dish. Really refreshing!
Ingredients (makes 4 servings):
- 2 fish fillets: mahi-mahi, tilapia or halibut work well for this recipe
- 1/2 cup fresh mango cut in small cubes
- 1/4 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 small red tomato, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. cilantro (coriander) leaves, finely chopped
- 1 large serrano or jalapeño pepper, finely chopped (remove veins and seeds)
- The juice of 1 lime to cook the fish and the juice of 2 limes for the salad
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
In a non-stick skillet heat some olive oil and cook the fish fillets with the juice of one lime, paprika, salt and pepper to taste. Cook for approximately 15 to 20 minutes at medium temperature, until the fish is fully cooked and the lime juice evaporates. Let cool down, shred and reserve.
In a small bowl mix the fish, mango, tomato, red onion, cilantro, serrano or jalapeño pepper, lime juice, salt and pepper.