This soup is one of our favorites for dinner. A few ingredients make for a healthy, satisfying dish packed with plant proteins, vitamins, and minerals.
Ingredients (makes 4 servings):
- 1 cup of quinoa, cooked
- 1 cup of potatoes, cut in cubes and cooked
- 1 cup of mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup of spinach, stems and leaves, chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Avocado cubes
- Feta cheese crumbles
- Red hot sauce
- Lemon juice
In a sauce pan fry the spinach and the onion until caramelized. Incorporate the quinoa, potatoes and mushrooms, fry for 5 minutes. Add the vegetable or chicken broth, salt and pepper to taste then cover with lid and bring to simmer for 10 minutes.
Enjoy with avocado cubes, feta cheese, red hot sauce and/or lemon juice.