These pickled jalapeños are so versatile and flavourful! Use them for nachos, sandwiches or any other snacks.
- 2 lbs. of jalapeños
- 2 – 3 small carrots, chopped in slices
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup of cauliflower, chopped (optional)
- 1 cup of white vinegar
- 1 cup of apple vinegar
- 1 and 1/2 cups of water or enough to cover all vegetables
- 2 tbsp. sugar (to reduce acidity from the vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- 3 – 6 bay leaves
- ½ teaspoon of oregano
- 4 branches or ¼ tablespoon of thyme
- 2 – 3 cloves
WARNING! Cut the jalapeños in slices and leave seeds and veins if you like them very hot, but If you prefer a mild flavour, cut the jalapeños in half and remove all seeds and veins, then coarsely chop.
In a sauce pan fry the vegetables for about 5 minutes. Add all dry ingredients, vinegar and water then bring mix to boil.
Turn off the heat once the jalapeños change colour. If you like a crunchy texture avoid overcooking vegetables.
Once cold, save in airtight containers, preferable sterilized mason jars. Keep in refrigerated, will last for approximately one month.