This recipe is the perfect option for a quick lunch or dinner, easy to prepare and simply delicious. It can be served with a some mexican rice as garnish.
- 4 medium ripe avocados
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 medium size red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 3 cans of tuna in water, drained
- 1 can (28 oz.) whole peeled tomatoes, pureed
- 3 table spoons of parsley, finely chopped
- 3 table spoons of olive oil
- Salt / pepper
- Optional: 2 pieces of canned chipotle peppers, finely chopped.
- Heat a big skillet with the olive oil, add the peppers and sauté it for ntil slightly browned.
- Add onion and cook it for 5 minutes then add garlic and cook it for two minutes or until it is slightly brown.
- Add tuna and mix well, let it cook for a few minutes then add the pureed tomates, season with salt and pepper.
- Finally if wanted add the chopped chipotle peppers, and let all mix simmer for a few minutes at medium heat, before removing it from the heat add the chopped parsley.
- Remove from skillet, cool down and reserve.
- Cut avocados in half and carefully remove pits and skin to avoid smooshing the avocados.
- Place halves on a plate and with a spoon stuff them with the tuna mix.